Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mr. Mouse in my House

Houston, we have a problem.

There is currently a tiny, adorable pest living in my house. I don't know how he got in, but he hasn't been paying his rent, so he needs to go.

Yesterday I was minding my own business, watching TV and folding laundry, when I saw a grey blob dash across the floor. As my head whipped around toward it, I became very alert. I quietly got up and tip-toed towards the movement. The grey blob scurried from underneath the dining room table, squeezing into a small hole next to the dishwasher, that I am now hyper-aware of.

Meet Mr. Mouse:
Mr. Mouse is about the length of my index finger (I have very small hands), grey, with a pink nose, and thin whiskers. He is very shy, and only comes out if you sit very still for a long time.

Mice don't particularly scare me, I'm not worried that he'll bite me or anything like that. However, I really don't want him wandering through my belongings or eating my cereal. He is definitely making me paranoid though, I don't like not knowing where he is. He pops up when he is least expected, so every time I enter a room I take a good look around and poke at any place he could be hiding.

Today I am going to get a catch-and-release trap and set it up, then we'll find Mr. Mouse a new home in a field somewhere. I think he'll like it better than my house anyway.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog - it's adorable!! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete