Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Bestfriend



"Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend." - Bill Watterson





This is Blake.

Blake has brown hair, blue eyes and a smaller waist than me. He loves corgis and singing made-up songs about nothing. He likes to play video games, even though he isn't great at them (still  better than me), and he has very strong opinions on music.

Just after this Thanksgiving, Blake and I "celebrated" our 3 year anniversary (by seeing on Facebook that it was our anniversary, we looked up and said "happy anniversary" while continuing to eat pizza). These past 3 years have flown by, and it seems like just yesterday I was making awkward small talk with a cute boy in a coffee shop. Little did I know, that the same boy would become my best friend in the whole world.


Blake is very introverted and if he doesn't get his alone time he gets pretty cranky.
He's not good at folding laundry, but he makes an excellent pot of coffee.
Blake likes to pretend he's not romantic, but he is. He's laid back, and doesn't go for grand gestures (I don't need any extra surprises in my life anyway). He brings me candy home from work, and when we do presents, his are thoughtful. When Harry Potter and the Cursed Child came out, I didn't have time to go get it but of course, I wanted it so bad. After I got off of work one day I found that book casually laying face down on the coffee table, for no other reason than it was a nice thing to do.

Blake and I are very different in many ways. I get Blake out of the house more, and he reminds me to relax. We are also similar in the ways that matter, we share many of the same views, ethics, and priorities. We like conversations about important things like religion and politics and also ones about which TV show is better.
At the end of the day we make a good team. When we cook I do most of the stove work and Blake is my sous chef getting and prepping anything I need. We help each other with big projects and let the other one vent after a long day at work (or school). We help each other make the not-so-great stuff a little bit better, shopping trips become much more entertaining, and when life throws too much at us we always have someone to lean on.

Walking through life with Blake has been my favorite part of every day for the last 3 years and I look forward to the rest of the journey.








No comments:

Post a Comment